I am a professional with decades’ experience in clean technologies, the last fifteen years working on sustainability solutions. I can perform field work as easily as desk work. As a seasoned sustainability specialist, I have worked for diverse industries related to the development and infrastructure sectors. I have had the opportunity to do so in some of the more relevant places in the world, including New York, Geneva — and a variety of emerging market countries. As a matter of fact, I lead the Sustainable Infrastructure Committee at Washington’s Latin American and Caribbean Council of Renewable Energy (LAC-CORE), where we have completed a number of capacity building classes in Mexico, Panama, Colombia, Ecuador, Chile, Argentina — and online.
- IIFA and Green Fund, PhD Candidate in Sustainability, (working on my thesis)
- Columbia University, MSc. in Sustainability Management, class of 2015
- Institute for Sustainable Infrastructure. Envision Sustainability Professional (ENV SP) class of 2016 — the first ENV SP from Mexico
- ISO14001-2015 Internal auditor by Aexon New York
My background is in economic analysis, impact assessment and public policy. I am passionate on the design and implementation process of sustainability solutions at the project level, and well versed in engineering and technical language.
I have delivered sustainability training for several groups at professional level in companies or organizations to implement sustainability in their operations and projects through capacity building strategies. As of early 2021 I am also certified as a Trainer of the Institute for Sustainable Infrastructure’s Envision framework.
Some infrastructure and sustainability projects that I have worked on:
- Was part of the original team implementing capacity building to develop sustainable and resilient infrastructure using the Envision framework for the Metropolitan Transport Authority (MTA) of New York under the direction of the Vice President of Environmental Engineering
- New York City S Line: shuttle train from Times Square to Grand Central
- Coney Island Yard Complex Flood Mitigation
- New York City ISO 14001 (EMS System) update (2015)
- Cost-benefit analysis of a decentralized water system (including storm management and flooding control) at the Mother Hale Bus Depot in New York, considering environmental and social costs and benefits.
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of the Organic waste collection program implemented in New York.
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of a decentralized water system in public schools in Bolivia developed for a social organization.
- Bench-marking: Adjusted sustainability framework for global NGO’s (WRI)
- Capacity building (training and implementing sustainable frameworks) in several private, and social organizations. Regularly in person, the last training and certification process was on-line for LATAM and included around 50 specialists from diverse and relevant interested parties. They are on their way to be a certified ENV SP on sustainable infrastructure management technologies.
- Design and supervision of the “Social, environmental, and economic impact assessment” and local impact strategy in a mega-project comprised of 600 km of pipelines, five pump stations and a plan of seventeen process plants for a state-owned energy company
- Several projects creating tailored sustainable frameworks for energy, mining, construction companies and NGOs.
I also have a strong interest in the study of the impacts of lifestyles in modern society, since I have practiced a sustainable lifestyle over my life, based in healthy food, regular practice of exercise, among others healthy practices. Due to my experience and studies developed, I am convinced, that people´s health is highly manageable and has a direct connection with the building environment and its quality, including not only buildings, but infrastructure.
Society needs to implement sustainable design of spaces where people perform, in order to allow a real sustainable lifestyle.
Want to know more? I am always glad to share my experience on how livable spaces also help people’s well-being and quality of life. Write me an e-mail at email@example.com.
Below are some of my participation in conferences, simposium, webinars, etc.